Saturday, August 23, 2014

First online meetup(s)

I'm still waiting to hear from 5 people, but some things are becoming clear:

Although my best fit is Mondays, it appears there is no consensus on the best night to hold our first or future online meetups.

So, at least for this week, I'm going to host two:
  • Sunday at 7pm EDT; and 
  • Monday at 7pm, EDT

We'll use a combination of two technologies at the same time:

1. Google hangout:   Look for an invitation in your email or on G+ at or after 6:55pm

Tutorial(s):  Search for "Google Hangout tutorial" or start here:

  • written tutorial and video:  http://www.educatorstechnology.com/2014/07/google-hangout-for-teachers.html
  • video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmOT-zZfsDs
2. Voice conference call by Uber: 

-----------------
OR...

If you can't participate in either, don't sweat.
 This course is very individualized and I will comfortably and happily work with you all one-on-one.  If I don't see you online Sunday or Monday at 7pm, I will reach out to you.  You can reach me at 571-482-8298 (GVoice - rings all six of my phones or text messaging)


No comments:

Post a Comment